Preparation Course A
In preparation for university or vocational college exams
This is a preparation course for those who wish to go onto university or vocational college. Preparation measures for entrance examinations vary with each type of university, college, or department, e.g., national or public university, private university, science course, or liberal arts course.
Preparation Course A provides effective and efficient guidance according to each aspiring individual so that they can attain their goals efficiently in a short period of time.
Students will acquire advanced Japanese proficiency required to pass entrance examinations and go onto higher education institutions, such as Japanese universities or vocational colleges. Each student will acquire examination techniques as well for the Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students (EJU) or Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) with the aim of achieving high scores.
Furthermore, they will learn academic skills for specialized lectures and researches that they will experience after their
entrance. Osaka YMCA International College assists each student in passing the entrance examinations with its unique
systematic curricula, educational materials, more than 920 classroom hours per year, and careful individual guidance
outside school hours.
★More than 920 classroom hours per year
|Class||Time||Monday to Friday
Comprehensive Japanese language learning and
Exam preparation classes (selective)
EJU, JLPT, general subjects, mathematics I, mathematics II, science, entrance examination for fine arts college, kanji, short essays, and English
- AM: Four, 50-minute Japanese classes × Five days a week Including “Class Hour” once a week
- PM: Two, 50-minute exam preparation classes × Twice a week
- In “Class Hour”(Home Room), you learn how to prepare foe exams to enter further education, how to study on your own, and how to become independent in Japan.
- Students are to choose two subjects for the exam preparation classes (two classes a week for four classroom hours in total) for the afternoon.
- Students can take a maximum of five subjects for the exam preparation classes. Additional tuition fees are required according to the number of subjects in excess of three (for a maximum of 1,100 classroom hours a year).
- Osaka YMCA International College has a tutoring system, in which full-time instructors provide a detailed counseling on the choice of university or vocational college as well as examination guidance and information on each university and vocational college while you have no classes.
- The contents and the number of hours of preparation classes vary with the level and season.