Further information / Phone


HOME > Supprt

Support when you arrive in Japan

YMCA staff will help the students with their places of residence, airport pick-up, and some of the registrations procedures upon arriving to Japan.


Places of residence


You can choose to find an apartment through a real estate agent. We could consult you on terms and conditions of the contract before your arrival to Japan.

Kamikawa construction company (TEL: 078-576-0683) ※ Image photos

外観The Apartment Block



Toyotomi (TEL: 06-6584-8100) ※ Image photos

外観The Apartment Block


ユニットバスBath room

Airport pick up

提携機関からWe will pick you up at the airport when you arrive in Japan. Please contact us in advance. (This option is only applicable to students from foreign affiliate schools)



Information regarding registrations after arriving in Japan.

Registration of foreign residents

  • Students who plan to stay in Japan for more than 90 days must register as a foreign resident. You register at the ward office in your residential district.

National Health Insurance

  • Students with a student visa must get the National Health Insurance within two weeks of arrival. Once a student enlists in the National Health Insurance, he/she will have to cover 30% of all medical expenses.

Bank account

  • You are required to open a bank account for receiving money transfers from your country and to record your living expenses.